Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is Kenner the mouthpiece of Crichton? I believe so.
Similar to my thoughts about Global Warmning, he believes that we as in man-kind do have a small impact. He doesn't believe that data models are accurate enough to relay a defenitive answer. He is speaking through Kenner, stating that the goverment is puting the population into a "State of Fear." Ignorance is bliss, and when not much is know about a situation, people will follow whoever is the loudest. They couldn't tell you why they are following this agenda, or even explain some of the key points to what they are supporting. But they still follow. That is where Crichton's frustration plays in with Evan. Evan can't personally support any of his own opinions with his own facts of thougt, but he supports them just the same.

Is there to much talking and not enough action?
I don't think so, I think it is well balanced. He might get long winded at times, but he is trying to explain his points neutrally. I believe there is a good bounce between the details and the action that keeps me intrigued. I still think there is more to Kenner at this point than what has been presented in the story. For me, he is always being short and set-off from the story. There is a couple of times that he is telling Evans not now, and that he will get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment